terms and conditions
1. Information About Us
Our site is available through the web, iOS and Android, owned and operated by ETA Green Power Limited (“we”, “our”, “us”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 12359858 and have our registered office at Hethel Engineering Centre, Chapman Way, Hethel, Norfolk NR14 8FB. Our VAT number is 340836605.
3. Access and Registration
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time we may restrict access to some parts of our site, or our entire site, to users who have registered with us. If you register with us, the information you provide on the registration form (“Registration Data”) must be true, accurate, current and complete. You are responsible for maintaining your Registration Data to ensure that it remains accurate and up to date.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your Internet connection are aware of this agreement, and that they comply with its terms.
4. Our Site Changes Regularly
We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
5. Reliance on information posted
Commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. Subject to the final sentence of Clause 8 below, we therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
6. Our intellectual property and your licence to use the app
- our site and our Services;
- any necessary software used in connection with our site and our Services (the “Software”); and
- all content contained within or generated by our site and our Services, including but not limited to text, images, charts, graphs and other materials, and specifically including charts, graphs, spreadsheets and other content generated from your Contributions (as defined below) (together, “Content”).
Your licence to use the Software is restricted to use of the object code of the Software, and it is a condition of such licence that, except to the extent expressly permitted under applicable law, you do not (and do not allow any third party to) copy, modify, create a derivative work from, reverse engineer, reverse assemble or otherwise attempt to discover any source code, sell, assign, sublicense, grant a security interest in or otherwise transfer any right in the Software. Additionally, you understand that you may have to agree to additional terms and conditions before you use such Software or any Content or Materials proprietary to a third party.
Without prejudice to rest of this clause, you agree:
- not to access the site, the Service or the Materials by any means other than through the interfaces that we provide for use in accessing the Service; or
- except as expressly authorised by us or relevant third parties, not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the site, our Service, the Software or the Content, in whole or in part.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any Content from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to Content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
7. Your uploads and confidential information
You retain (and we claim no ownership of) all intellectual property rights in and to any information, data, commentary or other materials (“Contributions”) which you upload to our site. However, by uploading Contributions to our site, you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, sub-licensable and transferable licence to use, copy, store, transmit, reproduce, process, modify, publish and prepare derivative works of your Contributions for the purposes of providing you (and your organisation, if applicable) with our Services and for our product development, research and testing purposes.
- was lawfully known by us before receiving it from you;
- is received by us from a third party without knowledge of breach of any obligation owed to you;
- is expressly authorised by you to be shared with, or disclosed to, third parties; or
- was independently developed by us without reference to your information.
You also agree and understand that your Contributions (and our Content based on your Contributions) will be visible by any third party with whom you have shared such information.
You acknowledge that, when using our site, you may receive or have access to material which is expressly marked (or provided with a similar designation) to be considered confidential or could reasonably be expected to be regarded as confidential. You will keep such information strictly confidential for an indefinite period and not disclose such information unless:
- any use or disclosure of such information is expressly authorised in writing by us or required by applicable law; or
- such information is already in, or comes into, the public domain otherwise than through your unauthorised disclosure.
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload material to our site, or to make contact with other users of our app, you must comply with the content standards set out below. You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty in accordance with Clause 11 below.
8. Additional services
Additional terms and conditions may apply to some of our specific Services. Where this is the case, you will always be given the opportunity to review and accept the terms before processing with the Service in question.
9. Content standards
These content standards apply to any and all Contributions, and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any Intellectual Property Right of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse. We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of your Contributions, and we have the right to remove any Contribution you make on our site if, in our opinion, such Contribution does not comply with the content standards set out in this Clause. If you wish to make a complaint in relation to any Contributions posted on our site, or if you believe that any Contribution posted on our app infringes an Intellectual Property Right that you own or have rights to, please contact us immediately at email@example.com.
10. Our liability
Whilst we take every reasonable precaution and care in relation to our site and our Services, the material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we expressly exclude all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
We accept no liability under or in connection with this agreement (whether such liability arises in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise) for any:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- waste of management or office time, (for each of (i) – (v) above, whether directly or directly occurring); or
- for any indirect or consequential loss or damage of any kind however arising.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, our total aggregate liability to you for all and any damages, losses or causes of action arising out of or in connection with the unauthorised disclosure of your sensitive payment data, shall be limited to £250.
This does not affect our liability for:
- death or personal injury arising from our negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or;
- any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
You agree to indemnify and hold us and our subsidiaries and affiliates, and our and their officers, directors, agents, co-branders or other partners, and employees, harmless from any losses, damages, costs, expenses (including reasonable legal fees), sums agreed to in settlement and other liabilities, arising out of any claim, demand, allegation or proceeding brought by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the app, our Services, or the Software; your breach of this agreement; or your violation of any rights of another person or entity.
12. Information about you
13. Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website or app linked to it.
14. Linking to our app
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link from any website or app that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other website or app, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website or app from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out below.
If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than that set out above, please address your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
15. Links and third parties
Where our site contains links to other apps, websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those apps, websites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
16. Prohibited uses
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards set out below.
- To transmit, or procure the transmission of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site, our Services, the Software or the Content;
- any equipment or network on which our site, our Services, the Software or the Content is stored; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
17. Interactive services
We may, from time to time, provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation to allow users to share comments and company metrics with each other (“interactive services”).
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered.
Please note that we do not monitor or moderate interactive services we provide on our site, and, except as required by applicable law, we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
18. Termination and suspension
The duration of this agreement will remain in effect until terminated under this Clause 18. Any notice of termination of this agreement by either party is subject to the notice periods in this Clause 18.
Termination for convenience: You may terminate this agreement for any reason by providing us at least one month’s advance notice. We may terminate this agreement for any reason by providing you at least two months’ advance notice.
Termination/suspension for cause: We will determine, in our discretion, whether your use of our site and/or our Services has breached this agreement. When we deem such a breach to have occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site, our Services, our Software and the Content.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any of your Contributions.
- Issuing a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings being taken against you, including but not limited to for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this agreement. The responses described above are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
19. Jurisdiction, applicable law and language
This agreement and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
21. Force Majeure
If you have a complaint about the Services, please tell us using the contact details set out at Clause 1 so that we can investigate the circumstances for you. We will aim to deal quickly and fairly with any complaints you have about the Services in accordance with our obligations under applicable law.