ETA Green Power Ltd are looking for an experienced Senior Simulation & Test Engineer to take responsibility for testing and simulation ,supporting the Lead Simulation & Test Engineer in providing test plans/reports, simulation plans/reports and verification/validation plans/reports in accordance with the company’s test strategy.
Duties will include but not limited to:
• To provide author validation & verification plans and reports with supporting simulation and test plans & reports that can used to certify ETA’s product.
• Responsible for working in collaboration with the design and development engineers to ensure that products under development meet the requirements and specification.
• Responsible for mathematical modeling, Stress, Thermal and Magnetic simulation and testing of products to validate and verify modeling and simulation results.
• Responsible for establishing the company’s FEA and CFD models and simulation guidelines in Ansys
• Plan and demonstrate correlation between models and real life test results.
• Responsible for organizing & planning their work loads and any direct reports.
• Responsible signatory for approval of the mechanical and magnetic analysis aspects of Motor and Motor Controller equipment design.
• To perform tests and document test results to validate models & simulations in alignment with the standard procedures, H&S and test lab rules.
• To plan, perform and/or direct Technicians to build and validate new or modified test equipment as required.
• To create appropriate methods, work instructions and Risk Assessment documentations.
• Review standards associated with test procedures and align/adapt test methods accordingly.
• Coordinate tests, equipment and resource in test lab in alignment with the business related priorities.
• Ensure all test work reflects requirements as stated in test procedures.
• Work on continuous improvement projects e.g. test equipment and process improvements.
Skills and Qualifications
• A degree in Mechanical Engineering (preferably Masters)
• Proven experience within a drive system development environment or high tech quality manufacturing environment
• Proven ‘hands on’ experience in dynamic / vibration analysis and the their effects on fatigue
• Demonstrable evidence and experience of mathematical modelling
• 5 years or more experience of FEA and CFD analysis in Ansys or similar software.
• Ability to perform quick paper based estimations to supply fast approximations during design discussions
• Demonstrable evidence and experience of working on manual and automated meshing techniques
• Experience in the analysis of rotating products at high and low speeds
• Familiarity with National Instruments PXI Data Acquisition chassis, specifically NI PXIe chassis & cards.
• Experience using Mathematical processing software, i.e. Matlab for data analysis, processing and presentation of results.
• Ability to understand limitations of measurement equipment.
Location/Hours of Work
The role will be based at the offices in Hethel Engineering Centre (Wymondham, Norfolk)
• Normal working hours are Monday to Friday, 08:30am to 5:00pm, 37 hours per week
• If you are interested in this role, please send your CV and a covering letter to
• No agencies please